Monday, October 09, 2006

Chris has asked: "Jesus, I've been wondering, with all the tropical drinks you're knowcking back, not to mention the water into wine thing, do you ever get hungover? What do you do about it? I'm a bit hungover at the moment and could use some divine guidance."

Aaah. The hangover. Old JC over here is very familiar with that. This one time, I had a dinner party for some friends and got completely plastered. My old buddy Judas, who was just as drunk, thought it would be funny to sell me off to a bunch of Romans. I was not laughing the next day, I tell you that. That one night of drinking has dogged me the last 2000 years!

Now, assuming you don't have access to a rare star flower that grows only at full moon on the planet Zetron, you'll have to try some of these:

1. Prepare before you go out. Eat something, drink some water.

2. While drinking your booze, alternate with water.

3. If you are silly enough to get bladdered without following points one or two, you can always slosh down a big glass of water when you get home.

4. While some recommend another dose of alcohol the next day, it is generally not advised. Your body needs to get rid of toxins, not add to them.

5. Eat a good hearty breakfast. This should restore your blood sugar levels.

6. Drink loads of water throughout the day.

7. I find that Ibuprofen really nails a hangover headache. Take this with some food, though. The indigestion can be a bitch.

8. Eat bananas. They are rich in potassium which in some way has a positive effect. I am the Son of God, not a scientist! And they taste nice.

2 Comments:

Blogger Chris said...

Thank you, Jesus. I'll take your (urp) advice.

Oooog, I need to lie down...

5:28 AM  
Blogger Karen said...

OOoh Oooh! Jesus! Over Here! The redhead...yeah that's it. I've got a question.

Seeing as you're the son of God and can do anything, what are you going to dress up as for halloween?

10:16 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home